Welcome to the Haunting Experience, the scariest of all the Halloween attractions and haunted houses in Minnesota. It is located just a few minutes south of St. Paul, along Highway 61 in Cottage Grove. We invite you to visit us this October…if you dare.
We offer a variety of terrifying attractions and the very best in Halloween entertainment. Hop on our fan-favorite hayride attraction, then take it easy on our low-scare family activities at Fall Fun Fest. Or, if you’re feeling brave, enter one of the oldest, longest, and scariest haunted houses located near the Twin Cities, MN.
Thrilling Halloween Attractions for All Ages
We bring you some of the scariest attractions in Minnesota. But we also have Low Scare activities for the whole family. When you visit The Haunting Experience, all of these fun and thrilling attractions await you:
- Haunted House – Walk through the scariest haunted house in Minnesota filled with terrors and dark entities that roam the hallways.
- Hayride – The Haunting Experience is home to the longest-running hayride in Minnesota. Jump onboard and scream for your life as you pass through the haunted forest and the horrors of Wilhelm Steelworks. Beware of the maniacs and monsters that lurk along the tractor trails, waiting for their next victim.
- No Scare – Lights On Tour – You may opt for this guided walking tour if your kids aren’t ready for dark, scary nights with us. Rest assured that the lights stay on in this haunted house. No monsters or dark entities are going to jump out at anyone, so your kids are sure to have a good time.
- Pumpkin Painting Station – Nothing says Halloween better than a personalized pumpkin. Introduce your kids to this artfully messy tradition today. Or even if you don’t have kids, who says you can’t have a bit of vintage no-scare fun on Halloween?
- Sand Art Station – If you’re up for an activity that’s much drier but equally as colorful as pumpkin painting, head over to our sand art station and personalize each container with a mixture of your favorite colors.
- Spin Art Station – Want to try something different? Create a masterpiece by spinning colorful paint. This activity is a great way to expose people — children, especially — to one of the most interesting processes of art creation.
Our Fall Fun Fest family activities including free hayrides and a coloring station are available in our event packages. If you only have a few things in mind, you can pay ala carte for individual activities.
What are YOU Afraid of?
The only thing to fear is fear itself. Or is it?
Whatever it is you fear the most, chances are it is lurking around somewhere– in your mind. We’ve been operating out here for over 34 years, so all we can say is, if you dare to come, you’d better not come alone.
When you visit the Haunting Experience, you will experience the legacy of terror that has made us the premier haunted attraction in MN. Find out why when you enter our terrifying haunted house and ride on the longest haunted hayride in the state.
We offer the ultimate Halloween entertainment for those who love a good fright. There’s no group too big for us to scare. Special group rates are available for groups of 20, 50, and 100. We welcome guests of all ages, as long as you can handle what awaits you here. We have free parking and are fully wheelchair accessible.
Our ghouls and other creatures won’t melt under the rain; rain or shine, they’ll still be prowling about and ready to give you the scare of your life. Gather your bravest friends and join us for a night of fun you’ll never forget. If you live through the experience, that is.
Over 30 Years of Horror
The Zywiec Family established the Haunting Experience as a Halloween attraction in Minnesota back in 1986. Since then, our complex features the perfect team of scare-actors, artists, builders, and human oddities. Together, we bring you an intensely scary haunted house experience, a humorously eerie haunted hayride, and mouthwatering concessions. Visit the Haunting Experience on Highway 61 this Halloween season, and enjoy the scare of your life!